January 1, 2015

New Ventures

In 2008 I was approached by a friend who managed the Canadian Montrail team at the time and he asked if I wanted to join the team.  Did I want to join?  Wow!  Me?  I had a 3:18 marathon PB and had won a handful of low key, local trail 50ks.  I'd never run 50 miles, let alone won Western States 100 miler, heck - I'd not even raced outside of Canada.  Needless to say, it was an absolute honour to be asked to join the team and the last seven years have been full of lots of miles, lots of smiles and countless new challenges and opportunities.  But the time has come where it is just right to move on, so today I say a huge thank you to Montrail and Mountain Hardwear for their support over the last seven years.  It's been quite the ride!




And ... an equally huge thank you to Salomon for asking me to join their running family for 2015 and beyond.  I'm so very excited for the opportunities that this will afford me as a runner, the places it will allow me to travel, the races it will allow me to run and the people it will give me a chance to meet, and hopefully inspire. 

Wishing each and everyone of you a Happy New Year.  May your trails be scenic, your roads be fast and your adventures filled with friends and family.

Happy trails,
Ellie
Credit: DROZ Photo

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Ellie. I recognized untapped talent early on that's for sure!! Keep on killing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ellie! Maybe we'll see you out on the Baden Powell some time!

    ReplyDelete