November 19, 2012

JFK Race Report

This weekend just gone I headed over to Maryland on the East coast to be part of the 50th running of the JFK 50 miler, North America's oldest and largest ultra.  It was a great trip to end my 2012 ultra year and if you fancy reading about my experience then head on over to iRunFar.com by clicking here.

Now time for some rest, relaxation, 2 fun cross country events, and then time to get ready for 2013.

All photos below by Geoffrey Baker Photography

Max on a mission

7am start in Boonsboro, MD


With 2nd place Emily Harrison, who ran a strong ultra debut

Squeezy smiles with Doc. Horton, my crew.

Final metres of my 2012 ultra season



4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I was about 30 miles south of you doing the same thing. The Stone Mill 50 Miler, my first 50 and only second ultra. SM50 was a great course, and I liked the terrain better than the JFK course, if you're interested in it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the course record! If that was Harrison's debut, we're going to be hearing a lot about her soon, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ellie! This win is a big exclamation mark to another outstanding season.

    ReplyDelete