What is for sure is that it will be another busy year, which once again will truly only be possible due to the support of my amazing sponsors, primarily Mountain Hardwear and Montrail, along with Nedbank Running Club. But also big shouts out to: Drymax Socks, Udo's Oil, Sundog Eyewear & Clif Bar. Thank you for allowing me to do what I love. Please buy some of their gear - it keeps them in business which keeps me racing ; ) Oh, and thank you to to my training partners and family for their support, you are the best xx
So, the vague plan is:
- 'First Half' Half Marathon. Vancouver, BC. Feb 10th.
- It's my home town favourite and a nice way to see if I have some speed in the middle of winter.
- Two Oceans 56km. Capetown, South Africa. March 29th.
- If it's half as good as Comrades, I can't wait! Very excited for this one and privileged to be racing for Nedbank once again.
- BMO Vancouver Marathon. Vancouver, BC. May 5th.
- Gotta defend my title and will be solid training in prep for Comrades.
- Comrades 89km. Durban to Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. June 2nd.
- No brainer. For race atmosphere and competition, there is nothing like it in the ultra world.
- Western States 100 mile Endurance Run. Squaw Valley to Auburn, CA, USA. June 29th.
- It wasn't a given but ultimately I just can't imagine not being part of the Big Dance.
- Speedgoat 50km. Snowbird, Utah, USA. Late July.
- Not my kinda course at all, oh and it's at altitude. It'll be ugly but the scenery looks stunning. Might as well shape my mountain legs up for...
- UTMB 100 miler. Chamonix, France. August 30th.
- Let's just hope it is 100 miles this year as I'd love to journey around Mt Blanc on foot, whatever the pace.
- IAU World 100km. South Korea. October 13th.
- Pending selection for Team GB (which is subject to a qualifying performance, UK ultra agreeing with me racing UTMB fairly close, and there not being too many other fast UK women vying for a position on the team)